Children are at the heart of all we do at the W.K. Kellogg Foundation. Our goal is to support lasting, transformational change so every child can thrive, but we recognize that children live in families and families live in communities. That’s why Every Child Thrives shares the real-life experiences and knowledge of communities mobilizing for a brighter future.
In 2021, we shared more than 80 stories. Of those, here’s what captured your attention the most:
- Responsive, affordable banking services closing Mississippi’s racial wealth gap
- A day in the life of a childcare provider in New Mexico
- Mexicans of African descent are being counted in historic 2020 Census
- Announcing the 10 global finalists for Racial Equity 2030
- Local networks rapidly respond to earthquake crisis
And of our native, in-language stories, these topped the list:
- En una pandemia, los productores de televisión para niños mantienen voces indígenas mexicanas en la conversación
- Nap konfwonte yon kokennchenn defi etan nap amelyore mwayen pou manman ak timoun jwenn swen de kalite nan Mibalè, Ayiti
We’re planning on bringing you more stories in the coming year—stories of hope and perseverance, stories of courage and change and stories to inspire. Our grantees and partners are on the ground, in community, doing deep, transformational work—and our aim is to give you the tools to share your voice and celebrate the work being done in your own communities.